If you want a career in technical theatre, front of house, or behind the scenes in theatre, film or events, then this is the programme for you.
You will develop skills in lighting, set design and construction, live sound, stage management and front of house operations. You will explore the processes, skills and technology that underpin the production of events, theatre and film. Students on this course will have the opportunity to work in professional venues as part of this programme.
You will be able to prepare a portfolio as part of this course, including preparing for applications to specialist courses at Production Arts colleges.
What Makes This Course Special?
- New course for 2019-20!
- Practical skills training in Productions Arts
- Real projects
- Outstanding facilities, including Performance Studio and set-construction workshops
- Collaboration with our partners VISUAL Carlow
- Support for audition preparation
- Event Production
- Production Design for Theatre
- Technical Skills for Theatre (Lighting & Sound)
- Theatre Studies
- Set Construction (Combined Materials)
- Stage Management & Administration
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Lighting Designer
- Stage Management
- Stage Electrician
- Set Designer
- Set Builder
- Theatre Assistant
- Venue Assistant
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Theatre Production 5M5152
Standard registration and QQI L5 exam costs (see costs, fees and finance)
PPE Clothing Pack Required €30 average price
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Early Interview Option
Get ahead with the Early Interview option
Apply before 19th April 2019 for early interviews in May 2019.
For later interview – apply before 21st August 2019.