Do you see yourself working in a medical administration environment? Medical Secretaries are highly skilled individuals who are always in high demand by employers. This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skill and competence in medical terminology.
You will also learn about the administration and front-line reception duties for a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital setting. Our Medical Secretary course will lead you to possible careers in a wide range of contexts, including public and private medical practice. You will also have options for progression to Higher Education courses.
What Makes This Course Special
- New Course for 2019-20!
- Learn essential medical terminology
- Highly experienced office administration teaching team
- Opportunities for business links
- Work placement in a medical environment
- Excellent progression routes and employment opportunities
- Customer Service
- Information & Administration
- Medical Terminology
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Text Production
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Medical Secretary GP Practices & Medical Centres
- Clerical Admin in Public & Private Hospitals
- Administrator in Medical & General Contexts
- Customer Service Roles
- Level 6 Advanced Business Administration at Carlow Institute
- Higher Education Courses
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration 5M1997
Standard registration and QQI L5 exam costs (see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Early Interview Option
Get ahead with the Early Interview option
Apply before 19th April 2019 for early interviews in May 2019.
For later interview – apply before 21st August 2019.