Our Film & TV Production course is designed for anyone interested in the Film & TV industry. You will gain practical experience and knowledge about many aspects of this industry, including film production, shooting and editing video, scriptwriting, sound production, lighting and project management.
We work with our partners at VISUAL Carlow to engage you with professionals working in the industry, and to help you prepare work for public viewing. You will be able to build a portfolio of your own work to help support applications for further study and your career.
What Makes This Course Special
- Work with our talented staff
- Digital arts suites with Final Cut Pro® on Apple Macs
- Build your creative portfolio
- Professional spaces including our recording studio and
- Collaboration with professionals and VISUAL Carlow
- Excellent progression routes
- Cinematography Camera Operations
- Film Production
- Media Analysis
- Script writing
- Sound Engineering & Production
- TV & Film Editing
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Film Making & Production
- Local Radio
- Print Media
- Production Assistant (TV)
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Television Research
Standard entry requirements.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Media Production 5M18518
Standard registration and QQI L5 exam costs (see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Early Interview Option
Get ahead with the Early Interview option
Apply before 19th April 2019 for early interviews in May 2019.
For later interview – apply before 21st August 2019.