A career in childcare and early years education is highly rewarding, but requires detailed knowledge, competencies and skills.
This course offers a comprehensive preparation for a career in early years care and education. You will receive practical training, and develop a comprehensive understanding of childcare and education theory, and law. As part of the course, you will undertake placement in childcare settings.
Successful students are awarded an internationally recognised qualification. This qualification allows you to work in a variety of childcare and special needs assistant settings. Our course can provide a stepping-stone to work, or to further study including our own Level 6 Professional Childcare Supervisor course.
What Makes This Course Special
- Internationally recognised qualification
- High-level skills training
- Professional practice education
- Outstanding facilities
- Highly experienced Childcare team
- Excellent progression routes, including our own Level 6 programme
- Child Development
- Child Health & Well Being
- Early Care & Education Practice
- Early Childhood Education & Play
- Equality & Diversity in Childcare
- Creative Arts for Early Childhood
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- After School Services
- Au pair Work
- Crèches Assistant
- Nurseries Assistant
- Pre-schools & Playschools
- Primary Schools Assistant
- Special Needs Assistants
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education 5M2009
Standard registration and QQI L5 exam costs (see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Early Interview Option
Early interviews have finished but applications are still open for the late interview process. This will continue until the end of September. An offer of a place does not guarantee a place – only full payment of fees will move an applicant to registered status. If an offer is not accepted in time and a course is full then applicants will be added to a waiting list and have the opportunity to apply for another course.