The Creative Media Production course will introduce you to the world of digital media creation with a strong focus on film editing and visual effects. You can explore the creative potential of software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign and Illustrator (including a license for home use).
What Makes This Course Special
- Fully-equipped digital arts suites with high power iMacs
- Home Licenses for the Adobe software
- The option to sit Adobe Certified Associate exams
- Professional video equipment
- State of the art music and sound effects studio
- Creative real-world projects
- Collaboration with professionals
- Excellent progression routes
- TV & Film Editing
- Visual Effects for Film & TV
- Sound Engineering
- Media Analysis
- Design Skills
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Film Making & Production
- Local Radio
- Print Media
- Production Assistant (TV)
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Television Research
Standard entry requirements.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Media Production 5M18518
Optional: Adobe Certified Associate exams in Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Standard registration and QQI L5 exam costs (see costs, fees and finance) and €30 materials (photography), €20 Book
There is currently no extra charge for the home license of Adobe Creative Cloud, or the Adobe exams as long as you are an active student at CIFET.
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Early Interview Option
Apply before 29 April 2020 for the opportunity of an early interview, Eartly interviews normally take place in May.
Apply before August 2020 for a later interview. An offer of a place does not guarantee a place – only full payment of fees will move an applicant to registered status. If an offer is not accepted in time and a course is full then applicants will be added to a waiting list and have the opportunity to apply for another course.